Monday, November 28, 2016

Bye MTC Hello Missouri!


Hello Hello everyone!!  I am now in Hannibal Missouri with my new companion Elder Roskelly from Boise Idaho.  He’s cool, a lot better than my last comp haha. We were the only ones left in our district for all of last Tuesday because all the sisters left Monday morning and the other elders left Tuesday morning. I woke up and said goodbye to Elder Crain and Elder Portilla. It was way hard saying goodbye to them they were like best friends. Well it was hard leaving the MTC, so hard that we didn't wake up to the alarm! haha We woke up to the security guard! He has a key to every room so he came in and woke us up. At first I kinda freaked, but I looked at the clock and since it’s in 24 hour time I only looked at the minutes so I thought it was 3:30 and we had a half hour.  So I’m just chillen and making sure I had everything, while my companion is running around going crazy!  I didn't think anything of it because he’s just weird like that. Then he started to get mad and told me it was 4:20 and we were supposed to be there at 4 so I threw everything in and got out of there. We jumped on the bus and went up to the airport. I didn't get to call home because my companion said that we needed to watch everyone's luggage while they all called. haha I was kinda mad but I did get to call at the mission home. We had a layover in Denver for about a half hour and then we were off to Iowa!  

When we got there President and Sister Badger were there along with the AP’s. That was cool! Then we went to the mission home and had lunch and a meeting. Then we jumped in the van and left for Iowa city, about a 2 hour drive and we all slept. We got there and he told us who our trainers were and left. haha Hannibal is about 2 and a half hours away so we stayed the night with some elders. It was fun! Then bright and early we went and played Basketball. Then we were on our way!

When we got there we hurried over to a members house. It’s an older indian couple that feeds the missionaries a lot. They feed us for holidays and every Saturday with a big egg omelet. They cooked so much food they could have fed 50 people and they only had about 15 there. haha I ate a ton and it was good! Then we went to another members house for dinner and I didn't eat a thing. haha I was way to full! Then we went and played basketball with our district in Quincy.

The next day we taught a few lessons. Most of the people here just go straight to telling us there whole life story about how hard their lives have been and all the drugs they have been on or are on. Haha The houses some of these people live in are are so disgusting that I can’t believe people live in them. Most of the houses are small and most of Hannibal looks like a junkyard and dead this time of year and a little depressing. haha There is one thing here that is somewhat cool and that's the Mississippi river and we live pretty close to it.
We have a small branch here and most of the members are converts or people from Utah that moved here for some reason. haha I haven't figured out why you would want to live here, I guess it’s probably kind of pretty when everything's green. Well I hope you all have a good week! I will send more pictures next week. I love you all!
Love, Elder Anderson

With President and Sister Badger
Last picture MTC district all together
MTC buddies
Some final pictures from the MTC
Last picture with MTC companion =)
Hello Missouri

No comments:

Post a Comment