Monday, September 18, 2017

Cedar Rapids and a Boy

Well this week was exciting!

Tuesday we got our Transfer calls! I am getting transferred already, I am now in Cedar Rapids training Elder York! Fresh out of the MTC. He is from Phoenix, Arizona. He is pretty interesting, I'm sure I am going to learn a lot these next 2 transfers! So Tuesday we got the call and then went on exchanges, I went and said goodbye to who I could. We went to say goodbye to Jessi and as soon as we got there she came outside while on the phone, so we waited and then she hung up and she told us she just got off the phone with the Girl Jessi's husband Brandon had been cheating on her with. She started crying and we felt so bad and didn't know what to do, we just talked for a little while and tried to comfort her. I believe everything happens for a reason, I think her and Brandon might need to split. Brandon hasn't been able to give up his bad habits. I'm not sure what’s happening now but Jessi is so strong. She told us before we left she needed to go read The Book of Mormon to feel better, which was awesome!  

Well Thursday we went to Iowa City for the New Trainers meeting and to pick up my Boy. Then we left to Cedar Rapids with the other two Elders we are sharing a ward with. As for now we have been living with them until we move into our apartment on Wednesday. Things are good and we already found 5 New Investigators since we have been here, I have heard so many great things about this area and can’t wait to get to work here!  

Yesterday at Church a member brought a friend, her friend has come a few times and really loves it so we are gonna start teaching her. The Ward here is so awesome, they really play their part in Missionary work! It's so cool! I’m so excited to be here! Thank you all for everything.
Love, Elder Anderson

Good bye to Jessi & DJ
My Boy - Elder York
Goodbye to Luis
P day Squad

No comments:

Post a Comment