Monday, February 19, 2018

Missionaries

This week was full of missionary work! haha as always! Nothing too crazy, we had Zone Pday last week in Waukee and Zone Conference in Des Moines. I learned a lot in this one on specific things I can be doing with my Investigators.

Wednesday we had dinner out in Mt Ayr, IA and that's about 45 minutes away so we went early and hit some small towns on the way, we knocked every door in Benton, IA with no success. We stopped in Diagnol, IA and went by a referral from our Branch President. His name is Robert Ikenberry, he has been a member for a long time and has lived there for a few years but his records have never been in our boundaries. So apparently he was last active in Colorado and the church called him and found out where he is now and sent them his way. Really nice guy and has a family of 4 he is the only member. He said he has been planning on getting active again. They also said they would be willing to feed us anytime so were hoping to see some success there! Had a good time at dinner with the Recent converts and taught them about Families and Temples and hoping to get them both to the temple soon.

Thursday while knocking we came across a baptist pastor and he let us in and we had a good chat, lots of questions and answers. Not really a bash, he believed in the trinity and couldn't accept that God and Jesus Christ are separate. Nice guy tho.

Well the work carries on and we continue to try to meet with our most solid people but things keep coming up keeping us from meeting. Satan is very real and is very against this work because of its truthfulness. I know with all my heart that this is true and everyday through my studies and experiences my testimony grows! This is by far my toughest area, I have been doing much fasting and prayer with the Lord to hopefully see some kind of success. I know that we will get an investigator to church this week! The Lord will provide! Keep our area in your prayers.

I love you all! Go to Church and Read and Ponder the words of the Book of Mormon everyday no matter how busy you are!

Love, Elder Anderson

Level B roads are everywhere out here and since it is warming up they are so muddy. My GPS took us to this one and you can see how far our tracks went.
RLDS or Community of Christ here in town.
Iowa Sunset
Saw tons more eagles this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment