Monday, April 16, 2018

Transfers

I'm staying in Mason City for at least another 6 weeks! I'm Happy about that! Elder Gardner got transferred to Ankeny with my old companion Elder Olson! My new Companion is Elder Schoeneman, he is from Washington, and was trained by my old Companion Elder Olson in Hannibal! haha He just finished being broke, so he came straight from Hannibal! So he went from the farthest south in the mission to the farthest north! He started from the bottom now he’s here! Since we both started our missions in Hannibal we always talk about it and the people there! Good times! He is a great missionary and works hard so I'm super excited! He also balls so that is real good!

This week we got TONS more snow! It just keeps coming, there is another storm coming this week! One night it was a crazy thunder storm with tons of rain and rained all night and we lost power. Then in the morning it turned into hail, then snow, then a blizzard! We were out and about in it, cause weather cant stop us! We were knocking and then we started shoveling snow for random people and going around helping people. We always have our shovels in the back of the car, so we’re always ready!

We did service at the food bank again with Charlene, the lady that showed us her farm. Then we talked with her and her husband for a little bit. She invited us to come to her Methodist church to speak at what I think she called a Women's circle! SO that's AWESOME! Then last night our Bishop told us an awesome story at dinner. He served in El Salvador, and he had just started training a new missionary, and he was about 6 months out. They went to another church cause they felt prompted to. And when they did the pastor found them and told them to come sit in the front. Then after the pastor grabbed them and asked if they could talk for a little while and they said yes. The pastor said he had been reading the Book of Mormon and had used parts of it in his sermons. He even told the people that Jesus Christ visited the American Continent and they all thought it was awesome. So they started teaching him, it didn't take long to baptize him! Then they baptized his whole congregation!!!! Crazy story! It just made me think we are going to talk and answer questions at the Methodist church this week! Apparently the Methodist church is struggling here, they have a ton of money from the farmers but only about 70 old people come to church and they have like 1200 members in the books for this area. Our Bishop knows one of the leaders there.

Stay tuned for next weeks email and I will let you know how it goes! We also went out to dinner at an awesome Italian restaurant this week with a dope member here, Astrid Escobar! She's sweet and we are playing Racquetball with her today, I haven't beat her yet but today is my day!

Anyways it has been a great week! I'm loving the mission life! We have a brand new District this transfer, everyone got transferred but me! Its an awesome District so I'm super excited for that!

I love you all! Do something epic today!
TODAY IS YOUR DAY!
Elder Anderson
A welding dude and I
Elder Schoeneman and I with a big pile of snow

1 comment:

  1. I remember when I was a missionary in Memphis, Tennessee and my companion and I and our zone leaders were asked to speak at a Methodist church along with ministers from other churches. We all introduced ourselves and spoke of the beliefs of our individual churches. After we were all done speaking they opened it up to a question and answer period. Almost all the questions were directed to us Mormon Missionaries. The person in charge asked the audience to please direct more questions to the other ministers in attendance. They mostly wanted to know what Mormon's believed. After the meeting, we handed out several Books of Mormon and church pamphlets. It was awesome and it made me realize that people really want to know more about Christ's true church than any other church or religion. Savor all these experiences you are having as a missionary, because they will stick with you for the rest of eternity! You will always cherish these wonderful memories.

    Keep up the great work you are doing for Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and your brothers and sisters! It is the most important work we will ever do!

    Love, Uncle Gary

    ReplyDelete