Monday, June 4, 2018

Indianola Iowa

Hey Fam! Sorry about last week!

So I got transferred to Indianola to be with Elder Lovin! We are Zone Leaders over my old zone of when I served in Lenox! So I have been on exchanges here a few times already. Small middle class town. Elder Lovin is from Riverton, UT and has been on his mission for 22 months. I just hit 19 so we are both getting old in the mission. This Zone is the toughest zone in the mission so we are striving to find ways to motivate the zone members and to help them see more success. We are trying to get the zone to be super creative in the ways of the find. Like making ourselves popular where we are serving. MAKE YOUR BADGE KNOWN. We trained a little bit on it in both District meetings. We’re also doing a Miracle wall. SO every time someone in the zone does something creative or sees a miracle, we put it on this blank wall in our apartment and by the end of the transfer we want the whole wall filled!

So we were so busy this week we didn't have hardly any time in our area. Tuesday we had Mission Leadership Council in Iowa City and that took all day long. Wednesday we were in our area and had lots of lessons with Recent Converts. We’re working with some of the members here to help them share the Gospel, to help us get more people to teach. It's going great so far. Thursday we had Interviews here in Indianola and that took all day. Except we did get some good basketball in that night because they have Thursday night ball here.

Friday we had exchanges with the Assistants in Des Moines. I got to go with my old Companion Elder Obray, we served together in East Moline over a year ago! That was fun to be back out with him for a day. Then Saturday we left Des Moines and went all the way back up to Mason City for Justin's baptism! He asked me to Baptize him! My first baptism where I got to be the one Baptizing! It was an amazing experience! Justin is such a stud! I love him. I even got to see all the awesome members in Mason City! What a blessing. Astrid even gave an awesome talk on the Holy Ghost. Afterwards we all went to Rib Crib to celebrate!

As of now for investigators we don't have many. So this week we finally have time to work hard and find new people.

Love,
Elder Anderson

Justin's Baptism

Elder Lovin and I
The Zone


No comments:

Post a Comment