Monday, August 13, 2018

Great Day to be Alive!

Hello Family and friends! Another week on the Lord’s errand!

So this week we had all the return appointments from the week before with all the new people we found. It started on Tuesday and I was on Exchanges with Elder Clark in our area! We had some great lessons that day and found a cool dude named Hasan from Bosnia with a sweet accent!

Wednesday we had fun with the Raccoon River District meeting and more good lessons, and a dinner with an awesome family in the branch! Thursday we had District Council in Osceola for the Lenox District. Afterwards my companion and I, The Lenox Elders, the Osceola Sisters, and the Sister training leaders all hit Osceolas area hard! I went with Elder Hebbert who is serving in Lenox right now. We had a great time and found a man that is SUPER legit and prepared. He came out and said "I’m not a mormon, and I’m not going to be one!" I told him that our message isn't only to invite him to our church, but to strengthen people's Faith on our Savior Jesus Christ. He then said do you guys want a drink? Come on in! So we went in and he sat us down at the kitchen table he had 3 great kids. Then he heated up a Chicken pot pie and Apple pie with ice cream for us! What a guy! We had a great conversation and he didn't have much of a view about who Mormons really were. We gave him a Book of Mormon and he said he will definitely read it. I was sad he isn't in our area! He is super cool! Hopefully the sisters can keep teaching him!

Friday we were in Lenox, I was still with Elder Hebbert. I got to see my man DJ Steele and his wife Tandy! I sure miss them! They went to church for the first time a few weeks ago and they really liked it! DJ was supposed to have me some ribs for dinner when I got there but he ended up having to work late. So he cooked ribs all night and gave them to us in the morning and they were Awesome! I visited a few more people and got lots of lessons set up for them. Then, Elder Hebbert and I went knocking again and we just kept getting let in and people feeding us and giving us drinks and inviting us over for steak. So it was awesome, I wish everyday was like that! Saturday we got to play a little Ultimate Frisbee with a group of guys from another church. We have been meeting with a guy from their church. Sunday was tough again because everyone we’re teaching falls off right when we try to get them to church.

The work is awesome even tho it is tough. But I am so grateful for all the experiences we have. SO many of them will help us for the rest of our lives. God has put me on the perfect mission. He has thrown things at me that needed to be thrown at me. Every hard thing on my mission has been a blessing because I see what I needed to learn. I am Grateful for it!

Transfers are this week!

Love you all! 
                     Elder Anderson

After a spanish lesson with a spanish member in Osceola
Road kill

No comments:

Post a Comment