Monday, August 20, 2018

IOWA CITY

Hello Fam!

They sent me to Iowa City! That was inspiration because school is just starting and all the college girls are here and I go home in less than 3 months! Don't worry tho I am not getting distracted! That just means I will be talking to a lot of women about the Gospel! The sad part is that if we find an awesome college student and we start teaching them, we have to refer them over to the YSA (Young Single Adult) Elders! I am with Elder Housholder! He was the District leader in my last Zone for 2 transfers, and now were companions! So we are whitewashing in! We are both brand new to the area because the last 2 Elders that were here both finished there missions and are home! So we have a lot of work to do!

So last Thursday was transfers. We got to Des Moines around 7:30 and they had me drive the Transfer Van with all the Brand New Missionaries! So we took the 2 hour drive to Iowa City! It was fun talking to all the New Missionaries! We have a lot of the New Missionaries here in our Zone! Elder Housholder and I got right to work, we started to try and figure out all that is happening in the area. We are teaching one man named Hugh Lewis. He is a stud, he is 60 yrs old and wears either a gold or white cape to church! SWAG! So far he is solid, but he is still attending a few other churches so we have to get him off those.

We then called our Bishop and Ward Mission leader. Neither one answered. So we just went knocking for a few hours and actually found some awesome people. One named Henry from the Dominican Republic. We have taught him twice now and we’re hoping to get him to Elders Quorum ball on Tuesday night! After that we decided to just go by the Bishop, he was home and we got to chat with him for a little bit. He is a great guy, he filled us in a little on what all is happening and he gave us some people to go by. Our Ward mission leader was out of town Thursday so we met with him Friday! He is awesome! I've never had such an awesome ward mission leader. He is super smart and organized. He is setting up appointments for us and getting members out with us! It's so awesome, I know that because of him we will see a ton of success here! The Ward Mission Leader is the second most important calling in the Ward!

We got to go to both District meetings and meet the Districts. We have some great missionaries! Every companionship besides us and the Sister Training Leaders have a new missionary! I'm loving being here so far, I know we are going to have a blast! I've never been in such a big ward on my mission, at least 200 people at sacrament meeting on average. There are 4 wards here in Iowa City. We also cover Cedar Rapids! My old area! So I am super excited to go there on exchanges, that was definitely one of my favorite areas!

Love you!

Elder Anderson

Elder Housholder and I
Tom Parsons from my old area. And my old comp Elder Obray! He just went home!

No comments:

Post a Comment