Monday, April 3, 2017

5 Months Out Already!

This week was super busy, last Monday we went on exchanges so that I could be with Elder Anitok for a day haha. We both got transferred to different areas so we most likely will only see each other one more time before he goes home in June. So exchanges were fun. Then when we went back to Hannibal I said my goodbyes to as many people as possible, I think I said goodbye to everyone. It was hard saying goodbye I wish I could have stayed one more transfer but that’s ok I like it here in Moline. It’s gonna take some adjusting but hopefully I get used to it soon.  


Wednesday we went to the Temple and did a session and it was great! I love how peaceful it is in there, it is sooo beautiful. We also took a tour of Carthage Jail, it was awesome! An older Sister Missionary took us on the tour and it was sooo cool! The spirit was strong also! Then we went back to Hannibal and I packed up my stuff as fast as possible and went to Quincy to spend the night because I was leaving with a member in Quincy in the morning.  


So Thursday morning we went to Iowa City and I switched my luggage over to the other car with a member from Moline and we were on our way! My new Companion is Elder Obray, he is from Layton, Utah, he has been out for about 8 months. He also just finished serving with Elder Blau my old MTC companion haha. So we joke around about him sometimes. But it’s all going good out here, just trying to adjust! The area is doing alright but we’re gonna try and get a bunch of new investigators as soon as possible. So I hope we can see a lot of success this transfer.  


General Conference was great! There was a lot of good talks! The thing that stuck out to me was how we need to act on spiritual promptings the first time. I believe someone said that Joseph Smith said that 9 out of 10 times the first prompting is the spirit! So always act on your promptings the first time no matter how hard it is. We watched General Conference at the Stake Center on Saturday. Then Yesterday we watched the morning session at a nice old ladies house from the ward. Then the afternoon session at another members and they had a super nice house and they fed us an awesome meal after. Some Tri tip and some great mashed potatoes! That’s about it for this week! I love you all!  Have a great week!
Love, Elder Anderson

Carthage Jail
Saying Goodbye to Terry and Ethen
Goodbye to the Cooke family
Goodbye to the Shethis
Goodbye to the Voelkel's

No comments:

Post a Comment