Monday, June 19, 2017

Hot & Sweaty!

Transfers are this week! We find out tomorrow. I hope I stay! Tuesday we did service at the Food Pantry again. After that we took studies at the Library out there in Geneseo, then we stayed all day out in Geneseo working. We went to Subway for lunch, we walked in and a guy was like "Wow I just ran into the Elders!" At first we thought he was gonna yell at us or something like some of the mean people we meet out here that hate us. But nope, He said "I’m Bro Swan from Michigan!" Long story short he bought us lunch and we talked for a little while and he is a truck driver that was just passing through. Super cool and a Miracle cause I'm broke! haha That night we had Dinner with our ward mission leader. Afterwards we went and balled at the church for the Wards Tuesday night ball.

Wednesday it was really hot and we were knocking on doors most of the day! I was drenched in sweat all day long, it was bad! But I found an address in my planner and I didn't know what it was, but we went and tried by and the guy wasn't really interested and we were in a sketchy part of town. But after him we decided to knock some of the small apartments by his apartment. We got a few new investigators right off the bat! Then we knocked on a door and the lady was not interested but I offered her a mormon.org card even tho she said "Sure idk what I would do with it" haha. But then her son came out and started talking to us and he said he would come to church. He's Handicapped but he said he would bring his uncle too. So we told him to go get the card from his mom and it has the address on it. So we walked away but then he came running back and told us his mom ripped it up so he needed a new one. We gave it to him and he told us his mom practices Whichen. They do Spells and curses or something like that. He said he has been mistreated most of his life, but he loves Jesus. Then we were sitting in Sunday School and no one came to church even tho so many people said they would! But someone came in and grabbed us and said our Investigators showed up! So we went out and it was him, Daniel and his Uncle Lee! His Uncle is pretty cool, we were able to teach them the Restoration at church and it was awesome!

Then back up to Thursday when half the mission met in Iowa City for a meeting with Elder Keach of the 70. It was awesome and he taught some great things and did mostly a Q and A so that was cool!  
Friday we helped an Investigator from another missionaries area move into our area. We assumed she was just using the missionaries for help because she doesn't seem interested but it was good!

Saturday we spent time going by less actives and members and knocking around their houses. This week was kind of a long one, its getting hot out and the work is rough, but it just makes the success so much better! We were able to find 7 new investigators so I hope we can start working with them this week.

This morning I read in Ether when the Brother of Jared talks to the Lord and instructs him on building the barges, I can't imagine the faith he had. I know that as we strive to strengthen our faith and our testimonies we can be closer to the Lord. I have seen it help me in the work recently as I study the Savior and His life. I encourage you all to do the same and you will be happier! I love you all and God is good!
Love, Elder Anderson

Said goodbye to Elder Anitok, he goes home to Hawaii on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment