Monday, June 26, 2017

Transfers!

Hello, I am staying in this area for at least another 6 weeks and my last comp Elder Olsen left after just 6 weeks and he is now in Dubuque, Iowa. I received Elder Frew, he is a very interesting fellow and gets on my nerves sometimes. lol It’s all good though it should be a good transfer, the district is cool. Should have some good ball on P days!

Tuesday we got our Transfer calls while we were at the Food Pantry. I was wanting to stay, I don't know what Elder Olsen was hoping for. But then they said where Elder Olsen was going but we didn't know who he said at the time and Elder Olsen was laughing so hard and looking at me like I’m in trouble for my next transfer. lol I was like oh great! But then I asked him who it was that was getting transferred and it was Elder Olsen so I started laughing at him! haha His new comp is apparently going home this next transfer so he was scared that he was gonna be lazy haha.

Since Wednesday was P day we went to the John Deere Pavilion again! That's a cool place! Then we balled a little but we had a lot of guys that like to play board games so that was really boring.

Thursday Elder Fox and I went on Exchanges while our companions got transferred. Then we got our companions and went to lunch. I let Elder Frew get unpacked while I cleaned the apartment, then we headed out. We taught our Investigator Dawn, she is in her 60s and is pretty cool. She’s interested and even kept our commitment of reading the Introduction to the Book of Mormon. She said she will be at church this week. We’re gonna try and get a member out with us to teach her so she can have friends other than us. Also on Thursday Tom Parsons our Recent Convert called and said he is resigning from the church. He left all the books and pamphlets at the church with a letter to Bishop Johnson, I couldn't believe it! But after talking to him on the phone and visiting him, all he told us is that he thought we were taking things too fast and he was stressing to much and it’s bad for his health. I thought for sure he told his Methodist pastor or something, which we have encouraged him to do but he hasn't. He has been working on getting the Priesthood and the Priesthood in our church is a lot different in others. Because they have to go to schooling to get it and we believe it’s for any male member worthy of it. But Bishop went and talked to him and he told us he was stressing about some misdeeds he had done in his life. So they cleared all that up and Tom took back his books and said he will come to church. So that's good!

Friday was a pretty normal day, just working on finding new investigators. We also got to play some street ball with a bunch of guys. It was a lot of fun, even though they tried playing dirty, I still danced on them and broke some ankles. lolol

Saturday we had D meet and on the way home we got in a crash! We were parked at a red light and truck flew into the car that was parked behind us, causing them to fly into the back of us. No one was hurt, our car wasn't even hurt to bad.

Levi Hamby is leaving on his mission. He is in our ward here, he is a great young kid and is serving in the Las Vegas West Mission. He gave a great Farewell talk, and he will make a great missionary!

Well it’s been a great week! The work has been slow but we’re working hard on working with members more so hopefully we can get some solid referrals this week and find a ton of new investigators! I love you all and have a great week!

Love, Elder Anderson

Elder Frew

No comments:

Post a Comment