Monday, December 11, 2017

The Boonies


Yes they finally did it, they sent me to the middle of nowhere! Haha I am in the Lenox area, we live in Creston, IA. Super small town. And we cover tons of super small towns all around here, but there all like 45 minutes away. We drive a 2017 Toyota Corolla, our apartment is super small. It was hard adjusting to this place since I came from Cedar Rapids, but it's growing on me.


It was hard saying goodbye to everyone:
Monday I kinda wrapped up training Elder York, and did some work. We talked to a Basher and Elder York kinda lost his temper, he was like slamming the Bible on the table and stuff. Haha pretty funny.

Tuesday we went and said goodbye to Camron, then later that day we got our transfer calls! Then we had a good lesson with Rosie and said goodbye. She cried and it was sad! Also said goodbye to Reggie and Mike, the excommunicated couple we have been working with, their so awesome and I’m gonna miss them. They have come along way and Reggie sent in her letter to the 1st presidency to hopefully get re-baptized!

Wednesday we played a lot of pool with the Zone at a members house, that was fun. Then we had my last Ward Coordination meeting and dinner with the Espinosas. Also went to Red Robin and Camron got us free milkshakes and a mud pie to go! Love that man!

Thursday I got here and visited the Branch Mission Leader and the Branch President. When I got here I called them and got lucky I was able to get to know both and hear about the Branch and what kind of help it needs. Yesterday we went to church in Lenox. They meet in a small house! haha pretty different! but cool.  
Love you all! Elder Anderson

Goodbye to the Ward mission Leader Bro Sherwood
Me and my new companion Elder Lamborn

No comments:

Post a Comment