Monday, January 15, 2018

Freezing Rain

This week was a Roller coaster!

So last Sunday night I got a call from Elder Decker, he is serving back in my last area Cedar Rapids. He told me that Reggie Cartee got permission to be Re-Baptized!! She found that out on a Saturday and the next day her and Mike flew to Logan, Utah so her Dad could Baptize her! Crazy! I am so happy for her! And that will help Mike quit smoking and get Re-Baptized because she has the gift of the Holy Ghost!

Also if you guys remember when I was in Marshalltown teaching Luis Mora he was dating a Member that lived in Honduras! He went to Honduras and got Baptized and then Married her! Super cool! I am so happy for Reggie and Luis and how I had the opportunity to teach them and help them come unto Christ!

So some highlights from the week:
Tuesday was a really slow day and DJ and Tandy had to cancel Ribs and games that night for some reason and we haven't been able to contact them since! We are so sad but we hope we can get back over there. Then Elder Lamborn got a prompting to go by the first person he ever gave a Book of Mormon to, she lives out in Lenox which is 30 minutes away. But we followed the prompting and she was actually home! We talked to her for awhile and gave her another Book of Mormon cause she lost the other one! haha She said she will come check out our church soon! She lives pretty close to the church building. She is 92 and is still driving! She gets around really well!

Wednesday we went to Centerville, Iowa for a triple blitz, where 3 companionship’s hit the area hard. It was a lot of fun! I went with E Gardiner and we found 3 new investigators! The next morning when we went to leave we were told not to by President because of the Freezing rain, it was super cold with a super bad wind. And everything was ice! So we blitzed that area again. We were able to help them out quite a bit!

Friday was District meeting and we got to watch the Funeral for the Prophet Thomas S. Monson! I am gonna miss him so much, he set such an amazing example for us all and grew the church greatly! I know him to be a prophet of God! If you didn't watch the funeral I encourage you to do so! Watch it for Family Home Evening or something! It was awesome!

Saturday we spent time rounding up all of our investigators and trying to get them to church! We were able to see a few people but no one came to church! :( Church was great though, I love Branch Council! I have been trying to bring things that I saw were successful in my other areas to this Branch. Which has been great! I think this branch is starting to do really well with the 4 new families. Now we just need to get Investigators to church!

Love,

Elder Anderson
​​​​​​​​our Church Building that's in a house!
A really cool frozen lake we went to when it was randomly like 45 degrees one day!
me with a cool wall. haha
some deer sausage we got from DJ steele from a buck he killed
Some beautiful ice skating =)
Another lake and a bit colder! 

No comments:

Post a Comment