Monday, July 2, 2018

I’ve Got Sunshine!

Lots of fun this week! We had 3 exchanges so it flew by! Last Tuesday we were in Waukee with the Walnut Hills Elders. They have been struggling this transfer on finding anyone to teach. We had a great time and I went with Elder Jensen and we found 3 New Investigators. We were playing basketball that night with their Elders Quorum so we were out recruiting people to come. lol We asked all the new investigators, only one of them played ball. But he was 18 and owned part of the local Mexican restaurant so he was too busy.

Wednesday we ended exchanges and went to the church for some morning ball with the Raccoon River district, then we went to their District meeting. Then back to our area and met up with the Lenox Elders and worked our area for the day. I went with Elder Fuller from Alpine Utah. Him and I both started our missions in Hannibal Missouri and we both served in Mason City. So we got to talk about those areas. We did a little bit of Knocking but we were short on time. When we were knocking everyone we talked to, talked to us for like 30 minutes. So we only talked to 3 people. One was a crazy basher lady that got me going! She kept saying we were a cult and that we don't need the Book of Mormon. Then when I would try to explain things, she wouldn't let me talk for 3 seconds. Anyways that’s just an everyday thing for us, but she was making my blood boil. lol But all I had for her was love.

Thursday we went to Osceola for District meeting and afterwards we went down to Centerville to go on exchanges with those Elders. We had a good time, each companionship found 2 New Investigators. We all went to dinner with a young couple from Utah and he played Rugby for BYU. So I asked if he knew my PE coach from back in Jr High and he did. Small world.

Friday we took the long drive back to Indianola to find that it got wrecked by a huge storm. Giant trees were down everywhere. We had to go check on a members home because he was in Idaho, we drove across town and it was crazy how wrecked every yard was. Trees wrecking houses and cars! So Saturday we helped clean up a yard for a less active Part member family. Then while we were out knocking we were offering help to everyone but everyone’s automatic response is no, so no one let us help!

Sunday we had Michael Thompson come to church! He was there early and stayed all 3 hours! We had a lesson with him for 2nd hour and had a missionary that just got back home from Ukraine last week join in with us! It was an awesome lesson and turns out Mike and the returned missionary went to high school together! Super excited for him! He loves hack sack and disc golf. And he is coming to church next week too! He also walked all the way to church!

I love you,
Elder Anderson

Classic Iowa Corn Pics
Iowa Smokers
Elder Roskelley and I.  My mission Daddy. He trained me.  He goes home this Thursday!

Indianola after severe storm

No comments:

Post a Comment