Monday, October 1, 2018

Transfers

This past week was Transfers and my companion and I stayed! We also welcomed 3 new areas to our Zone so 6 new companionships! We are now sharing a Ward with the STL's Sister Harmon and Sister Plum. I served around Sister Harmon for my 3 months in Cedar Rapids so it’s cool to serve around her again! Since we got so many new companionships we now have another District we cover. So that’s 3 total. Which makes us even more busy! I am excited for this Transfer and to be able to work harder than I ever have! I know we will see miracles! Actually we already are!

Yesterday the Recent Convert family in the Ward brought one of their daughters to church! She is 20 and from Chicago and just moved back in with her family! She came to all of church and loved it! We had an awesome lesson with her and her family last night with our Ward Mission Leader! But she said she would like to meet some girls her age in the church. So we told her about the Sisters that just got here and they are going to teach her now! LOL sad day but God has a lot of other people He is placing in our path! Like yesterday we literally only had time to knock one door! But that one door was a great lady! She said she had heard some not good things about our church and the Book of Mormon, but we kept teaching and she accepted a copy of the Book of Mormon and a pamphlet and I said the closing prayer and after that she was tearing up. We asked if there was anything we could help her out with before we leave and she said, "oh, no you have done enough, thank you so much!"

We also finally moved back into our apartment! But before we did, we did a deep cleaning because that place was nasty! So we scrubbed and vacuumed everything and had the YSA Elders help us! Then we spent $100 on new appliances and things to make the place nicer. Good thing the mission is reimbursing us for that! So now our place is great! Glad to be back!

This week is a SUPER busy one with MLC, Interviews, Exchanges in Des Moines, and General Conference! I am SOOO excited for General Conference! So many rumors of changes I can’t wait! I am also striving to prepare my self spiritually. On lds.org they have a list of 5 things to help you get the most from General Conference. I am striving to do those! I invite you all to do the same and to tune in to General Conference because it is going to be epic!

I love you all!
Choose the right!
Elder Anderson

Crazy Storm we got caught in while knocking! We didn’t care so we kept knocking and we got completely soaked! It was awesome! The Thunder storms in Iowa are probably my favorite things about it! They are legit!

No comments:

Post a Comment