Monday, February 6, 2017

3 Months

Hello everyone!
Another week in the mission field! I hit my 3 month mark! Time flies out here.  Kinda a normal week.
Monday: Balled at the YMCA and went to FHE at our Recent Converts house and had a good time there.  
Tuesday:  We got a media referral so we went and taught him the Restoration, he accepted to be baptized. Then we taught Shawn about the BOM. It went well and his mom was there at the beginning and she had a lot of questions because she was curious about what her son was getting into. She had heard a lot of false things about our church so we cleared all that up. Then we went to the Food Pantry and did service and got some food. We had a dinner and after that we went to Quincy to start our exchanges with Elder Fox and McGiven.
Wednesday: We had exchanges and I went with Elder McGiven and had a good time. He is from Orem and went to Utah state for a year and played football. He's really cool. We had to end exchanges early because we were leaving to Burlington, Iowa to stay the night because we had Zone Conference the next day in Iowa City so we needed to be closer. There was 21 elders that stayed there that night in a little apartment! It was nuts! We all balled that night and that was way fun!
Thursday: Zone conference was alright. After zone conference we went to Texas Roadhouse! We had to stay in Burlington again.
Friday: We left early and when we got back we went to village inn! Then we studied together in Quincy and went to Golden Corral then bounced back to Hannibal! So pretty much I spent all my money this week haha
Saturday: Was kinda a rough and long day. We ate our huge egg omelets like we do every Saturday and the Shethis. We went to our Investigator Chads house and pretty much told him we aren't coming anymore, because my comp has been teaching him since August and he hasn't really progressed much at all, and he drinks coffee while we talk to him! haha
Sunday was great! I had a great fast and a great time at church! I LOVE CHURCH! haha The spirit is always so sweet! And being able to partake of the sacrament always makes me feel good! I got to ordain Terry to the Priesthood! It was my first blessing and I was pretty nervous but it went great! The spirit just took over. Plus Shawn came to Church! He walked to church even tho he was way sick!
Well it was a pretty good week!
Transfers are next week, so I am senior Companion all week. So I have been driving and our little box thing called Tiwi that yells at us when we speed or drive aggressively is soooo annoying! I'm gonna rip it out one of these times haha! Well I hope you all have a great week!
Love,
Elder Anderson

The Mississippi River
Squad

No comments:

Post a Comment